Important WSU Traveler Information
The CDC keeps regular information on its Travel Health Notices website, including
- Warning Level 3 (Red): Avoid all non-essential travel
- Alert Level 2 (Yellow): Practice enhanced precautions
- Watch Level 1 (Green): Practice usual precautions
Also see the University website for additional information on Coronavirus - (COVID-19)
Canceled business-related travel
It is possible that faculty or staff may need to cancel preapproved university business-related travel due to canceled conferences or travel prohibitions caused by COVID-19.
Should this occur, the first course of action should be to seek a refund from the vendor(s) where the expense was paid. Reimbursement from WSU for expenses related to a preapproved, but unattended, university business trip must be approved by a dean, associate provost/associate vice president or higher. View Wayne State's travel policy.
WSU Travel Card Refunds: Refunds related to a cancelled conference that were originally paid on a WSU Travel Card will populate onto the cardholder's profile in TravelWayne. These refund transactions should be marked "personal" and be submitted on an Expense Report tied to the original Travel Request. Once this is completed, the cardholder should contact the Travel department at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the credit balance to be refunded from JP Morgan. When the refund from JP Morgan is received, those funds will be applied to the proper FOAPAL accounts.
Note: If a faculty or staff member has already been reimbursed for an out-of-pocket expense through a prior approved Expense Report, they should still seek a refund from the vendor and pay any amount refunded to them related to the cancelled trip back to WSU. If the faculty or staff member receives a credit or voucher related to the cancelled trip, it is expected that this will be used to offset a future Business-related trip.
JP Morgan Travelcard moving to online statements 07/27/2017(PDF)
TravelWayne is a solution that automates the travel request, travel booking and expense report processes for Wayne State employees.
This solution introduces improvements beyond just the new online travel and expense solution, such as:
New travel policy – issued November 1, 2017
- New travel agency – Conlin Travel
- New travel card – JP Morgan Chase
- WSU-negotiated savings available through TravelWayne booking or agency booking
- Online trip itinerary to organize all of your travel needs in one location
- Smartphone mobile applications to assist the travelers and approvers while away from the office
- Direct pay for expense reimbursement
- Travel Agency Fee Schedule
- Approver Delegation Authorization Form
- Approver's "At Large" Form
- TravelWayne Concur Expense Types and Account Codes
- Traveler Go Live Checklist
- 2020 Monthly Mileage Form
- 2019 Monthly Mileage Form
- IRS Private Automobile Mileage Reimbursement Rates
Contact E-Mail TravelWayne@wayne.edu